This device complies with flushing methods as described in BS 7593:2019 Code of Practice for the preparation, commissioning and maintenance of domestic central heating and cooling systems. If you have any questions, please fill in the form on the contact page. Download Instructions (PDF)
- System clean possible in under 90 minutes (average 8 radiator sealed system)
- Removes all types of contamination during the cleaning process. Not just magnetite.
- Bi-directional cleaning means all chemicals can be flushed away.
- Instant system drain down and fill up through the Thoroughflush.
- The small dimensions mean it can easily be kept in your van, unlike some larger flush equipment. Supplied with a handy transportable bag.
- Other tasks can be completed when flushing without risk of tanks overfilling or running dry.
- Ideal for flushing a single radiator that needs to remain in situ. Simply connect the Thoroughflush to radiator tails.
Don’t take our word for it – here’s what the experts say:
It’s fantastic as a speaker and podcast host to meet conscientious engineers such as Ricky who are always striving to help not only the heating industry but consumers also. His recent innovation is really going to help clean heating systems which is vital for efficiency.
I started my heating career doing only power flushes for a local plumber. I was doing about 3 a week but soon learnt there had to be a better way. Doing a mucky system in one day is difficult & needs aggressive acid. After my first few months of doing them I had already started dosing a couple of weeks before flushing. Even then you are left with not much pressure from the machine & its best attribute is to alternate the flow to shift the sludge. Even this wasn’t brilliant. I moved on to mains flushing using various hoses from a tap and hoses from Flow & Return. This worked so much better (although it got messy with swapping hoses over to mains flush one way then the other) that I looked into making something more permanent. As with life in general I never got around to it – and then I found this from Thoroughflush. It’s simply the dogs goolies. It’s so compact cost effective & so well made. You can crank the flows direction without removing any hoses and it’s just the simplest thing to use. This knocks spots of a traditional flusher and laughs at a magnet using the boiler pump! Put your cleanser in a week or so prior and this will remove the sludge so fast you can hardly believe it. I love how it’s so small. Comes with all the attachments and ample pipe. I have only used it the once so far and can see the value in the clever idea straight away. Its four yes’s from me!
So, after using the Thoroughflush a few times now I can categorically state there is NO better way to mains flush a heating system, being able to switch direction at the flick of a switch is a game changer.